Why Choose UC San Diego for Treatment
At UC San Diego Movement Disorder Program, you don't just get a doctor, you get a whole team of experienced clinicians nurses, therapists, and othe professionals who use the latest techniques based on cutting edge research done right here at UC San Diego and elsewhere.
We know the effect of a disease can extend beyond the patient to family members and other caregivers. That's why we offer Education, Counseling and Support, and we treat the whole patient by offering integrated services such as:
- A Neuropsychologist who helps address and researches cognitive function and depression that may be part of movement disorders: Vincent Filoteo, PhD
- Deep Brain Stimulation with board-certified neurosurgeon David Barba, MD
- Physical and Occupational Therapists to provide individualized rehabilitation evaluations and treatment: Carter McElroy, PT, Catherine Printz, PT, and Kim Bond, OT
- Speech Therapy, including Lee Silverman Voice Therapy with Susan Neese, SLP
- A Clinical Research Coordinator who works with patients and physicians involved in research studies
- Medical Assistants who coordinate care and medication support
- Durable Medical Equipment – we can make referrals to obtain devices or equipment for home treatment
- A Nurse practitioner with expertise in movement disorders
- Botulinum Toxin Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Tics - (CBIT)/Habit Reveral Therapy provided by a trained nurse practitioner
- Referrals to other specialists as needed
See Our Team to learn more about our practitioners.