Diagnosis can be difficult for non-movement disorder specialists. Our highly trained staff has a combination of experience and research that provides the skills necessary to aid in appropriate differentiation among these diseases.
We provide a patient-centered approach to care that is designed to address each individual’s unique needs. Our broad spectrum of services includes:
- Diagnostic evaluation and testing, including neurological exams, MRI and lab testing.
- Rehabilitative assessment and services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and swallowing evaluation and therapy.
- Evaluation and treatment of cognitive and emotional problems and an assessment of mental health.
- Medication to improve symptoms and, if possible, slow progression of the disorder.
- Surgical evaluation and treatments, when indicated.
- Programming and reprogramming of deep brain stimulators.
- Opportunities to participate in clinical studies examining new treatments for movement disorders.
- Educational and outreach programs for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers.
- Information about what to expect about the disease and its progress, local resources and support groups to help manage stress.
- A team of experts who are always available to answer your questions or will refer you to those who can.