The UCSD School of Medicine Microscopy Core is a state-of-the-art imaging core facility that serves the needs of laboratories in and outside of the UCSD School of Medicine. The Core strives to promote interdisciplinary, collaborative research among the local research community. Experienced staff are available to assist with everything from sample prep to imaging to analysis.
NOTICE: Core Membership Changes
Effective July 1, 2018:
1) The Core will accept new Major User membership based on newly awarded NINDS R01 or equivalent (U01, R35, R37, P01, P50, U54, DP1, DP2). Major Users receive a discount in recharge rates when using core instruments.
2) The Core will increase the Core Member User rates from the current $18/hr (confocal rate) to $20/hr. UCSD rates will stay the same. This change reflects the rapid expansion of our major user base in the past several years, and the continuing decrease in the maximum allowable budget for NINDS P30s, which has been used to subsidize the discounted rates for core members.
Expand your Microscopy With Our
To schedule a workshop session, please contact Jennifer (email@example.com)
- Etaluma Lunch and Learn - June 11th 11:30 CNCB Large Conference Room
- Etaluma Live Cell Imaging Workshop - June 12th-14th CMME microscopy core
- Light Sheet Workshop - Month of July
- FLIM onsite demonstrations (Leica Falcon and Zeiss 880) - August 6-17th
- Leica FLIM and Super Resolution Lunch and Learn - July 27th, 12PM - CNCB Large Conference Room
- Zeiss FLIM Lunch and Learn - August 1st, 11AM - CNCB Large Conference Room
Ideal for thick cleared samples and organisms. Not suitable for cultured cells.
The system is high speed with low phototoxicity and photobleaching and deep tissue penetration.
2017 Imaging Competition: